Sunday, October 25, 2009

Welcome To My 1st Blog Post

Hey everyone, thanks for taking the time to drop in on my blog. My name is Jeff Stesiak, and I will be talking about many many things. Many of the things I will talk about will pertain to life, family, friends, and my passion and career... WINE!!!

There will be many topics that I will talk about pertaining to wine. From the most basic informational things to recommendations of wines, and other things.

One of the many things you may want to know is that I participate in EVERY social network you can think of. And if I am not participating, hit me up and let me know, because I will join that network. I want to know what my followers are doing and I want you to know what's up with me. I post updates to Twitter and Facebook very regularly. So friend me up on Twitter (jcstaz), Cork'd (jcstesiak), or Facebook (my name is above). I will be creating a Facebook Fan Page as more and more of you start to take an interest in what's going on with my blog, and all the things I write about. I also regularly review wines on Cork'd, and it would be awesome if all of you wanted to do the same. I will do tastings along with you on U-Stream, and we can review the wines together.

But here's the thing, this blog is supposed to be about wine in some sense or another because, that's what my passion is, and I hope that if wine is some part of your life, you'll follow along with me!

So here we go, some of the things I will talk about to start with, are the basics of tasting wines, and what to look for. Some of intricacies that go along with tasting the wines. Oh, and let me be VERY clear, I'm NOT a WINE SNOB, I'm not a sommelier, and I don't intend to be any time soon. I will tell you if I do, or don't like the wine, I will tell you if the wine smells like cow poop, or if it tastes like a chocolate covered strawberry. Each of those intricacies will appeal to some of you and not others. I understand this and that is why I won't tell you to go out and buy one wine or another. The thing II want more than anything else of this blog from a day to day basis, is for you to form your own opinions, and as one of the people I look up to the most Gary Vaynerchuck says, "trust your pal"... Meaning trust your own palate. Because you know what? My favorite tastes aren't the same as your favorite tastes.

So, until next time, enjoy your friends, enjoy your family, enjoy life and the wines your drink from day to day. But enjoy the wines responsibly!

I'll talk to you all next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment